Lextra Learning is a rapidly growing tutoring company in Leeds looking to expand our team and create new teams to work in new centres in Leeds and across West Yorkshire. We focus on the core subjects of Mathematics, English and Science working with children from Year 1 to Year 13 (A-Level). Our proven method of working in small groups and aiming to inspire the young people we work with has made us a preferred tutoring provider. We only want to work with inspirational teachers who love teaching and want to make a difference in the lives of young people.
At Lextra, we are a small group of really friendly and hardworking staff that want to make a difference. Every teacher takes responsibility for the progress of the children they work with. We don’t make excuses; we do everything possible to help our students love and value learning and education.
We want to be a tutoring provider that is well trusted, so we want to work with anyone who is looking for a dynamic and progressive educational centre to work at. We have growing opportunities for teachers who also want to manage new centres and earn more doing this. Our values are *RESPONSIBILITY, HARDWORK, RESPECT and WORLDVIEW*. We are proud of the diversity, experience and variety in our staff team. We would love you to join us if you share our values and want to be part of a visionary business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan and teach lessons to small groups of students both in primary and secondary school and from year 1 to year 13 (KS 1 – 5) covering all possible age groups.
- Assess, mark and provide feedback to children periodically along with providing progress reports for recording and also to parents.
- Ensure the safeguarding and emotional well-being of all children in your care.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings run occasionally for all staff.
- You will be required to teach at anyone of our current and upcoming centres. Current locations include; Beeston, Leeds LS11, Meanwood, Leeds LS6 and Wakefield WF2.
- Evidence of Teaching Qualification and/or Experience teaching Mathematics, English or Sciences
- Excellent knowledge of UK Teaching Standards and Curriculum
- DBS Certificate
- Positive Outlook and Passion for Teaching and Learning
- Commitment to be able to tutor on Saturdays usually between 10am and 1pm
What we Provide:
- A great environment to teach and be rewarded
- Career Progression Opportunities to Manage one of our Centres and earn more. Our top earners can get well over £6,000 per annum working only part time up to 5 hours a week.
- Opportunities for relevant trainings that will advance your teaching career.
- Regular and consistent part-time work all through the year.
To apply, please send your CV to us or call 07888 705 453 for an informal chat.
FREE ASSESSMENT DAY BOOKING FORM
THE LEXTRA ADVANTAGE
Hi Jonah, Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year. We got a letter from school. I see you are candidate for parents governor. We are voting for you and wish you luck. You are one of the best tutors Will had. He still says to me, “Mum, Jonah was the best”. Good luck and thanks again... Mrs J
I am really grateful to Lorna who recommended you to me. You have truly been amazing with Bev. To achieve a grade 8 in Maths in so short a time from our panic in January is impressive. Thank you for the hard work... Bevs Mum